17 Aug 7 things you can do for free in Barcelona
As if was a real dream, Barcelona also is waiting for you to show you different free plans you can enjoy in its streets. Let’s take a look to the ways of discovering this marvellous Spanish city.
Seven things you can enjoy without spending money
1. A walk through the Gothic area: there are many things you can do in this famous suburb. You can just let your steps follow the narrow streets and see the rest of the Barcino. You can also visit the History Museum, the Cathedral Cloister, the Real Square or the St. Jaume church.
2. Ramblas and the Raval: of course, once here you should visit the Colon Monument, but don’t forget to enjoy the fun in the Boqueria.
3. Borne: visit the Arch of the Triumph, the St. Mary of the Sea church, the façade of the Music Palace, the Picasso Museum and the Ciutadela Park with its lake.
4. Eixample: this suburb is also well known because of the St. PAu Hospital, a moderninst building. Of course, you cannot miss the Sagrada Familia, the Gaudi main work of the city. But if you like this style, Gaudi also finished the Casa Mila and the Casa Batlló. The Modern Art Museum of Antonio Tapies is really near, located in the Passeig de Gracia.
5. Olympic Ville and Barceloneta: the most popular city beaches are located in this area of 4 kilometres. You can discover and enjoy here the Mar Bella, Barceloneta, San Sebastián or Nova Icaria. All of them will be marvellous to spend a day bathing and discovering the many leisure activities you can practise there.
6. Montjuic: it is one of the most magical places in Barcelona. Moreover, it is the lung of the city and where the Moma is located.
7. Gracia: together with the Gothic area, it is the bohemian part of this capital. During the night is full of life, but also, during the day, there are many things to enjoy here.
Barcelona has many attractions waiting for travellers to discover them. Beaches, the Tibidabo park, the Güell Park…But it is also gastronomy, modernism, modern alternatives, shops, and many other things you can imagine.