27 Mar Music Festivals for the summer 2014 in Spain
They are fashionable. How to enjoy these music festivals? We tell you how to get to them, the accommodation possibilities, cheap restaurants in the area and a lot more.
The music festivals 2014 will start in April, when the temperatures make possible enjoy some days outdoor with friends.
10 music festivals that you cannot miss
1. Azkena Rock: This festival will take place in Vitoria on June 20th and 21st. Numerous national and international groups of rock participate. The first tickets are already on sale. First bonuses are usually cheaper, as the whole program is not known yet.
2. Decode Festival: There is a date in Madrid with the best Indi program n the 13th of September.
3. Resurrektion Festival: The festival of hardcore music and other styles such as trash metal or death metal is celebrated every year in Viveiro (Lugo). Nothing like this festival for lovers of hard rock, celebrated between the 31st of July and the 7th of August this year.
4. Low Cost Festival: Lovers of national Indie have a date in Benidorm on 25, 26 and 27 of July this year: Sun, beach and good music.
5. Rock in Way: Dates for this festival are not set yet. This is one of the most attractive music festivals to enjoy.
6. Primavera Sound: Lovers of music have a date in Barcelona from May 28 to May 31. This is one of the first festivals and it is an experience.
7. Rock Legends: August 7,8 and 9, 2014 are legendary dates for lovers of heavy metal in Murcia.
8. Rototom Festival: Rototom Sunplash will take place between August 16 and August 23, 2014 in Benicassim, to Reggae beat.
9. Optimus Alive: Bob Dylan plays in the Optimus Alive during the days 10,11 y 12 of July this year.
10. Benicassim Festival: Known as FIB. It takes place every year, as an ode to music. The dates to be chosen are between June 17 and 20.
Advices to get to music festival 2014
You can go by bus to the cities in which music festivals are celebrated, or share a car with your friends. We recommend going by plane if the cities are Alicante, Castellón or Barcelona, because coming home from a music festival can be endless.
Do not fall into the trap of “bring your own food”, because you will be sick of sandwiches on the second day. Having lunch in any of the restaurants with a daily menu is the best option.
Low cost accommodation versus five star accommodations. You can find hostels, and even quadruple rooms for little money.